1. What’s your favorite easy dish or cocktail to make?
My favorite easy dish is an omelet, I love cooking eggs and I will have breakfast for dinner any night of the week!
2. What inspired you to become a chef?
I was inspired to become a chef from working in a restaurant when I was a teenager, I just loved the energy and the teamwork.
3. What’s your favorite restaurant (besides your own)?
This is an unfair question! I have so many. Well, today my favorite restaurant is State Bird Provisions in San Francisco. Ask me again tomorrow, please!
4. What’s your favorite cookbook or book about food?
My favorite book about food by far is “Like Water For Chocolate.” I know it is a popular one, but I have read it at least 6 times and I fully agree that how you as the chef or cook are feeling when you make the food translates into the person eating it… I’ve seen it happen firsthand, and I love the power of food and cooking.
5. What are you most excited about doing / seeing/ tasting at AFW?
I am simply excited to be in Austin, and look forward to gathering with old chef friends and meeting new ones. I want to get a big hug from Kent Rathbun and I can’t wait to “Rock my Taco” — everyone is gonna love it!